Taking care of God's Property
This is a department that has been entrusted and mandated to update documentation of Diocesan properties, manage and ensure plans are in place to have them generate income for the diocese. Headed by Abigael Kotut as its coordinator, she works under the Diocesan Board of Finance and Diocesan Board Social Services. The department was started five years ago after certain people invaded plots in Pioneer area near Kimalel in Uasin Gishu County. The department has been aggressive and most documentations have been updated and there is a court case filed in Eldoret to try and recover what had been grabbed.
The department is involved in the following activities: -
• Stewardship; teaching and training the Anglican communion in the diocese on the importance of giving to God
• Social Services; ensures that health institution under the diocese are maintained and managed properly also the services are up-to standard
• Put development plans in place for the diocese to implement for financial sustenance
The following are the functions of the Diocesan Board of Social Services: -
• To collaborate with other relevant Boards or committees in the Diocese to initiate relevant surveys and research within the Diocese in order to embark on the new development projects.
• In co-operation with the State, Councils and other relevant agencies to develop such long-term policies and plans for social and economic development of the people of Eldoret Diocese.
• Co-ordinate and oversee the work of the committee Functions of the Board of Finance: -
• To ensure that all Diocesan Properties are properly maintained
• On behalf of the Standing Committee and of the Diocesan Board of Finance to manage all Diocesan Property
• To be responsible for the purchase of any property that may be needed by the Diocese
• To arrange and organize supervision of any erection of any Diocesan buildings or other improvements.
• To ensure that all Diocesan properties are insure and that Land Rents and Rates are paid promptly.
• To supervise the letting of any Diocesan properties that may be available for letting
• To arrange for the allocation of Diocesan Staff houses.
• Ascertain that all property in the Diocese have proper legal documents of ownership
We thank God for what He has enabled us to do for there is big improvement in securing all properties and plans are underway to have them developed. The Diocesan Bishop the Rt. Rev. Dr. Christopher Rutto has gone out of his busy schedule to talk to friends from within and the diaspora for purposes of sourcing for funds to put up structures in the plots. We pray and trust that soon this dream is going to be a reality.